This is part 4/7 of the energy chakra series. Since January, we’ve been exploring the chakra system, focusing on one element every month (Jan-root chakra, Feb-sacral chakra, March-solar plexus chakra). This month, being the month of April, we will tap into the fourth of the 7 chakras — the heart chakra 💚
What is the heart chakra?
The heart chakra or anahata (which in Sanskrit means, ‘Unhurt’) is located in the center of the chest and is represented by the color green. This chakra mainly governs the rib cage, lungs, heart, circulation, skin, hands, arms and the upper back.
When it comes to the heart chakra— a healthy & balanced heart center allows for a sense of deeper connection to love, affection, purity, kindness, compassion, community, positivity & peace (or flow) to be felt within & expressed outwardly.
Dysfunctional relationships, feelings of isolation, social anxiety, high/low blood pressure, heart palpitations, chest pains, and in extreme cases….heart attacks….are manifestations from when there is an imbalance/blockage with the heart chakra.
When the heart is blocked or unbalanced, it simply just needs healing to activate and balance it again. And there are very simple ways by which you can do that to help create the realignment in your chakras again.
I share a few of those ways below—
You heal when you feel
Inner work is the way to finding balance again. So when you feel off, it’s best to address & work through what’s happening inside your mind/body sooner than later. If you have unhealed trauma/wounds, it’d be wise to begin the process of healing through it. Because to truly heal, one must feel.
The more inner work (trauma processing, chakra balancing, meditation, mindfulness) you commit yourself too, the more clarity you will begin to experience. The more clarity you experience, you will notice a shift within you, where you’ll then start operating your life from a mindset of abundance. This shift of energy & being will eventually ripple out into the community of which you live, interact, build, & transform relationships. You see, as you heal, so too does the world alongside you.
Open the heart— other methods
- Repeat Positive “Love” Affirmations — to break old patterns & to direct behavior in a new direction, set the intention to heal through positive affirmations. To really open up that heart space, try repeating affirmations related to love & healing. Over time, repeating such affirmations will invite more love & light into your life. Some affirmations you can begin with —
- “I am open to love”
- “I forgive myself & others”
- “I love myself and other human beings”
- “I have an open heart”
- Connect with nature — with the weather getting warmer now, the best place to be to heal the heart is outdoors. As green is the color of the heart chakra, going out in nature will help your heart to open. Somewhere like a local park, trail, or wherever there is a lot of greenery would also work. ——
- Daily Check ins— It can be easy for the mind to get lost in the sauce. That’s why checking in with ourselves is so important. A powerful way to really open up the heart chakra and create some balance again can be through showing yourself some self love & allowing yourself permission to feel. When you check in and reflect on your mood, thoughts, and feelings, you’re better able to understand when & if something feels off so that you can address & correct it quickly.
After reading all this information, would you say that your heart chakra is balanced or blocked? Are you still not sure?
Take this free heart chakra quiz to help you find deeper clarity.
If you liked this blog post, feel free to check out other similar posts on my page.
Would you like more mindfulness in your life?
Then sign up for my weekly newsletter, where I send out a mindfulness email (tips/tools/techniques) every Monday at 9am into your inbox to help you cultivate the life you deserve — a life with peace, calm, & joy. Sign up here
Leave a Reply