In this post, you will discover why healing the solar plexus can help you to recognize that you are stronger than you think. You will learn what signs of an underactive/overactive solar plexus looks like and what you can do to restore balance again so that you can finally fully tap into your power!
Is there something new you’d like to explore or dive into but haven’t yet because of insecurity or fear of not being good enough?
Do you feel like your life serves you or only others? Or are your circumstances or current situation holding you back from doing what you would really love to do?
In other words, are you self destructive?
If so, you’re not alone. So many of us experience these same situations, thoughts, or feelings that leave us in a state of inaction or paralysis. And these are typically viewed as tale signs that you need to balance or heal the solar plexus chakra within you.
The Solar Plexus Chakra — The Power Within
The Solar Plexus chakra is the third of the seven chakras. It is located in the abdominal region (above your navel and up to the breastbone). This chakra controls our metabolism and digestion. Another name for this chakra is the personal power chakra because it helps us tap into our powerful side, fills us with energy, and controls our self-esteem and sense of confidence. It’s what creates our personality/identity.
When the solar plexus chakra is out of balance, we may feel insecure. It can bring a lack of control or loss of identity. And essentially we can lose touch with our true inner beauty and fire within us.
Underactive Solar Plexus —
When a chakra is underactive, it means that the chakra is experiencing a blockage, which can affect your overall well being.
Signs of an underactive solar plexus:
lack of self-trust
inability to take responsibility
attraction to stimulants
Overactive Solar Plexus —
When a chakra is overactive, it means that the chakra is distributing too much energy. It is working in overdrive and bringing imbalance to the chakra. When your solar chakra is overactive, it also affects your overall well being.
Signs that your solar plexus chakra is overactive:
Always need to be right/power hungry
attracted to sedatives
Restoring Balance —
There are several different ways to start healing so that you can restore balance to your solar plexus chakra. What works for you might not work for another. Make sure you find a way that works for you. This requires intuitive listening to your body and finding something that brings you comfort.
Here are a list of ideas:
- Get outside — Spring is approaching! Take advantage of the solar energy and spend some time in the sun.
- Try New Things — Doing something new and finding something you enjoy can restore and enhance your sense of personal identity.
- Yoga — The best yoga poses for your solar plexus chakra include the boat & lion poses, as well as the seated spinal twist. You can also google search — best yoga practices for solar plexus and you’ll find dozens of ways.
- Meditation — You should already know by now that I’m a huge advocate for meditation. Try creating a daily practice for yourself, setting your attention/intention on healing the solar plexus. Do this everyday for atleast 5-10 minutes. If you need support, reach out to me & we can discuss a plan of action/practices that can work for you specifically.
- Affirmations — Calmly speak positive “I can” affirmations into existence everyday! Examples include, “I can choose in all situations,” “I am confident,” “I am powerful,” “I am free of limitations from others.”
- Aromatherapy — The best essential oils to open and balance the solar plexus chakra include: Cedarwood, Lavender, & Rosemary. Young living is a trusted brand that I use. If interested, and would like more info about young living, click here or reach out to me to learn more.
Leave a Reply